Birchard Public Library
of Sandusky County
The public library is a place where citizens of
Sandusky County come to select materials, do research,
study and read. The following rules have been adopted
for the comfort and protection of everyone using
the library. The library staff will enforce these
rules in a courteous yet firm manner. We ask that
everyone using the library cooperate by maintaining
a pleasant atmosphere conducive to study. If any
patron is confronted with violations of these rules,
he/she should alert a staff member immediately.
1. Weapons are not permitted on library
Unless otherwise authorized by law, pursuant to
the Ohio Revised Code, no person shall knowingly
possess, have under the person’s control,
convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or
dangerous ordnance onto this property.
2. Disruptive behavior is not permitted
on library property.
Examples of disruptive behavior include the following:
a. Roaming, running, or loitering.
conduct described as: shoving or fighting, threatening
others verbally or physically; harassing others;
excessive noise; using foul or abusive
language towards others.
c. Misusing library
furnishings and/or equipment. Library furniture
or equipment may not be moved unless permission
is granted by a library staff member.
e. Any conduct deemed by the Director as likely to disturb other patrons.
3. Smoking (ORC 3791.031), electronic substitutes for smoking, and any other tobacco products are not permitted in the library.
4. Possession of alcohol or illegal drugs is not permitted on library property.
5. Acts of vandalism, theft, drug dealing,
or other illegal activities committed on
library property will be reported to the police
and charges filed.
6. Excessive speed, stunt riding, or any other use of skateboards, skates, bicycles, or motorized vehicles that may cause property damage and/or endanger self or others is not permitted on library property.
7. Appropriate attire, including shirts and shoes must be worn in the library.
If any person violates the above rules, he/she
will be asked to leave the library property. Failure
to leave will result in the individual being arrested.
Repeated offenses will result in the offender being
barred from the library property.