Birchard Public Library Re-Opening
All four locations, Fremont, Gibsonburg, Green Springs, and Woodville, will be re-opening as of June 29, 2020. Our usual summer hours will be in effect, but there will be some temporary restrictions and guidelines in place. Curbside services will continue for anyone who prefers not to enter the library building. Thank you for your support in these challenging times.
Safety is our top priority. To provide the best visiting experience for everyone, the following rules and restrictions are required:
- Library users allowed in the building at one time:
Green Springs: 10
- Special hours for library users at higher risk of infection:
- Fremont location – Thursday mornings from 9:00 – 10:00
- Gibsonburg, Green Springs, Woodville:Tuesday mornings from 9:00-10:00
- Library visits are limited to one hour or less to accommodate as many users as possible.
- Library staff wear masks, and all library users are strongly encouraged to wear masks.
- Library users must practice social distancing of six feet while in the library.
- Because it can be difficult for youth to remember to observe social distancing, all children and teens age 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Meeting rooms are not available and gatherings of more than 10 people are prohibited.
- Library users who have been ill or do not feel well, or who have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days should not enter the building. Pick-up services can be arranged by phone.
- Items must be returned in the outside book drop and will be quarantined before being returned to the shelves.
- Newspapers and magazines will not be available for browsing. Library users may request magazines and newspapers to check out.
- Toys, puzzles, and computers will not be available for use in the children’s room.
- Computer use in the adult area is limited to one hour. Keyboards will be sprayed with sanitizer between uses. Library users who are taking tests or attending classes, or conducting job searches online may request an additional hour of computer use.
- Water fountains will not be available at this time.
- Hand sanitizer, soap and water, and paper towels are available for keeping hands clean, and high touch areas are routinely cleaned by library staff.